We will only accept applications submitted through our online grant system. Please refer to our Online Application Guide, for helpful hints about using the online system before getting started. Links to the online application for each grant program can be found on their corresponding Grant Program pages.
Create a New Application
- All users (returning and new) must select the "New Application" link to start a new application.
- Returning users will enter the appropriate email address and password for their organization's account.
- New applicants will establish an account and password. When you establish an account, an automated email will be sent to you with your account password.
- We strongly recommend that each organization establish only one account, and use that same account every year. This will allow the organization to have access to all applications, reports, and drafts related to the Elmina B. Sewall Foundation in one location. Be sure to use an email address that is monitored and that a record of the appropriate email address and password is kept. Many organizations find that an info@.. account serves this purpose well.
- Once logged in to your account, you may view and print a blank copy of the application.
General Information About the Online Application
- We encourage you to cut and paste your narrative responses from a word processing application (Word, Google Docs, etc.) to ensure work is not lost should there be an internet connectivity or technology glitch.
- Add email@example.com to your safe senders list to ensure you receive all system communications.
- Fields with a red asterisk are required for submission.
- The “check” symbol by the upper right corner of text boxes indicates spell-check is on.
- Click the "Printer Friendly Version" button at the top of any page to view the application form in its entirety. Please note that the printed version will not show the drop down options.
- Click the "Email Draft" link at the top of any page to share a copy of your draft application with others in your organization. Please note, the emailed draft version is not editable.
- Click the "Next" button at the bottom of each page to move through the application. You may also click on the page title tabs at the top of the application to toggle between pages.
Save and Edit Application
- It is recommended that you save your work frequently as you are filling out the application.
- Click the “Save & Finish Later” button at the bottom of any page to save your information and exit out of the application. An email will automatically be sent to the email address associated with your account with a link to log back in and continue working.
- After saving, you will receive an automated email with a link to your saved application.
- The Foundation does not have access to your drafts.
- Un-submitted applications that remain dormant for 120 days will be deleted.
- Project Budget and/or Operating Budget, required document.
- Financial Statements (Balance Sheet and Statement of Activities) for the last completed fiscal year, audited or reviewed if possible, required document.
- Please do not submit IRS 990s.
- Fiscal sponsorship agreement (if applicable).
- Integrated Well-Being grant applicants may attach up to two maps (if applicable).
- The Foundation is very interested in learning about your organization and its work but, due to the volume of applications received, we request that additional materials not be sent to the Foundation. If the reviewers need more information regarding your request, they will contact you directly to ask for specific items.
- Click on the "Review My Application" tab at the top of any page, to view the application in its entirety. The fields will be populated with your completed answers. You will have a final chance to review and amend your work prior to submission.
- You must click the “Submit” button on the bottom of the "Review My Application" page to complete the submission process. An email confirming your submission, including a copy of the completed application, will automatically be sent to the email address associated with your account.
- Please note, the Foundation does not see your application until it is submitted.
If, after careful review of the information provided on this website, you have questions related to your proposal, please contact one of the Foundation's Program Officers. For technical questions relating to the online application, please contact Laura Dover.